Tuscaloosa is a city in Alabama and is the headquarters of the University of Alabama
|no tourist information on Wikidata:|
In 1954, segregation between white and black children in public schools was declared unconstitutional in the United States. Afterwards, African-Americans tried to enroll themselves at university. However, the applications were repeatedly rejected. In June 1963, the first African-Americans were admitted to university. In the course of that time, the "booth in the Schoolhouse Door" came. The governor of the state of Alabama personally blocked access to the university for the new students. It was only at the direction of US President John F. Kennedy cleared the way.
- 5900 Messer Airport Highway, Birmingham, AL 35212. The airport is served by American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines and United. Birmingham International Airport,
- 7601 Robert Cardinal Airport Road, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401. The airport is no longer served by scheduled flights, but only cargo or charter flights are carried out. Tuscaloosa Regional Airport,
- 2105 Greensboro Avenue, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401. The Crescent connects Tuscaloosa to New York, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Charlotte, Atlanta and New Orleans. Amtraik,
- 2520 Stillman Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401. Greyhound,
On the street
The Interstate Highway I-20 passes from north-east Birmingham south of the village and continues southwest to Meridian, Mississippi. It is also the Interstate Highway I-59. From the northwest to the southeast, the US highway crosses 82 Tuscaloosa.
- Denny Chimes
- Capital Park, 2828 6th St, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401. Tel: . Opened: daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Bryant-Denny Stadium, 920 Paul W Bryant Dr., Tuscaloosa, AL 35401.
- President's Mansion
- Gorgas House
- The Colliseum, 1201 Coliseum Dr., Tuscaloosa, AL 35401. Tel: .
- Moundville Archeological Park, 634 Mound State Parkway, Moundville, AL 35474. Tel: . Opened: daily from 8:30 to 17:00.
- Bear Bryant Museum, 300 Paul W Bryant Dr., Tuscaloosa, AL 35401. Tel: . Opened: daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Alabama Museum of Natural History, 427 6th Ave, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487. Tel: , e-mail: . Opened: Mon - Sat 10.00 - 16.30, So closed.
- Mercedes-Benz International Visitor Center, Museum and Factory, 11 Mercedes Dr., Vance, AL 35490. Tel: . Opened: Mon - Fri 8.30 - 16.00, Sat + So closed.
- The University of Alabama